Application of this Privacy Statement
We collect some information automatically when you visit the myeCard.co website, via third-party vendors such as Google Analytics This is aggregated information collected in an anonymous form and includes information such as the number, date and timing of visits to the website and the pages of the website visited frequently. This information is not personal information and is collected for statistical purposes only. You may also choose to provide us with personal information if, for example, you subscribe to our newsletter, send us questions through e-mail, register for an event or participate in our on-line activities. We may sometimes also use automatically collected information about you in conjunction with other data we have about you, including personally identifiable information you have voluntarily provided us.
This website contains links to other websites. This privacy statement does not apply to websites outside of the myeCard.co domain.
Privacy and Data protection Act 2014
In this privacy statement, the term ‘personal information’ has the meaning provided in section 3 of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic.) (the Privacy Act).
Personal information is information or an opinion that is recorded in any form, whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained.
The Privacy Act is the legislation that regulates our collection and handling of personal information.
Detailed information about the Act is available at the Office of the Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection (Privacy and Data Protection Victoria) www.dataprotection.vic.gov.au.
Collection of personal information
This website collects personal information when you:
- provide feedback using the feedback forms
- submit an enquiry
- subscribe to a newsletter
- make a booking for an event
- share an event
- submit some types of forms
- Use and disclosure of personal information
Personal information that is collected by the us will be used by, and disclosed to, our employees, contractors, or third party vendors whose duties require them to use it in order to assist the us fulfil transactions with you or to otherwise assist us provide goods and/or services to you. Such contractors may be located inside or outside Victoria.
Personal information may also be collected by Event Service Providers on behalf of the us in order to administer bookings for workshops and events calendars run by us. Event Service Providers may use your personal information to contact you about additional services or events they administer. The use of personal information collected by Event Service Providers will be governed by their privacy statement, which is available on their website.
We may ask you to disclose your personal information if you use the following services provided on our website:
Online Feedback & Chat
Feedback submitted using the online form provided would only be used by the most appropriate officers to review your comments and answer any questions. Any personal information will not be disclosed to any other person. Your email address will only be used to respond to specific queries and will not be added to any mailing list.
Our Feedback forms and chat are supported by third-party vendors. We only shares your details with them to assist with the:
management of responses to content submitted in feedback forms;
resolution of technical issues; or
detection or prevention of fraud or security issues.
In subscribing to our newsletters, you are providing us with personal information. We are collecting this information to send you regular newsletters and information on related programs and services. Your contact details may be shared with external organisations so that you can be contacted to take part in surveys or focus groups, in order to assist us improve our services. We will notify you if we want to share your information with any external organisations.
We will not disclose your personal information for any other purpose without your consent.
Subscription to newsletters can be successfully carried out by:
- subscribing to individual newsletters on our website; and
- subscribing to individual Newsletters on topic specific pages of our website.
You will be asked to provide an email address for all subscriptions.
You can unsubscribe at any time and your email address will be moved to a ‘do not contact’ email database. To do this, click on the unsubscribe link within each newsletter type you previously subscribed to.
Newsletter Subscriptions are supported by third-party vendors. We only share your details with them to assist:
- provide online forms to assist in subscription to the various newsletters available;
- delivery of the relevant newsletter(s) to the postal or email address nominated;
- resolution of technical issues; or
- detection or prevention of fraud or security issues.
Businesses and individuals who choose to engage with with us via social network channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube should be aware of the following:
- We only collect information that you voluntarily provide via polls, responses, posts, comments and tweets
- This information is collected in order to understand the type of information and activity you may choose to participate in when engaging with our social networks. The information provides us with valuable insight that allows us to offer you the most appropriate services and products
- Any information you post on social media sites is potentially accessible to anyone else engaging with Bus via the same social media.
- Your individual privacy settings for profiles and accounts on social media networks are your responsibility. We have no control or jurisdiction over these settings
- Each social network has inbuilt privacy settings. We strongly recommend that you regularly check and configure the privacy settings for your profiles and accounts to make sure that you know what information you are making available, and to which audience. Facebook offers particularly customised privacy settings available via Account > Privacy Settings.
- When you choose to join our social networks and/or participate in any way, some of your personal information may be made visible to others. For example, if you choose to: ‘Like’ our Facebook Page; post a comment or update; share a link; follow us on Twitter; tweet a mention or retweet an @ArnoldSzmerling message; or join the Facebook Group, your activity may be made visible to others within these network
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube have channel-specific privacy policies that all users should be aware of, take into consideration and adhere to when using these channels for business, personal or private use.
Our Forms and Payment services are supported by third-party vendors. We only share your details with them to assist:
- resolution of technical issues; or
- detection or prevention of fraud or security issues.
Online booking system
Personal information that is collected by the us will be used by, and disclosed to, our employees, contractors or third party vendors whose duties require them to use it in order to help the us fulfil transactions with you or to otherwise help us provide goods and/or services to you. Such contractors may be located inside or outside Australia.
For further details of how third parties will process and handle personal information passed onto them, please refer to the ‘Our Services’ section in our detailed Privacy Statement. Personal information collected by the Department/BV will also be disclosed to the cloud service provider, Telstra or collected on behalf of the Department by third party service providers, such as Eventbrite.
If you are using a third party application to transact with the Department, such as Eventbrite, please check the individual privacy policies of these organisations.
Data Quality and Security
While we take reasonable precautions to protect information it holds from unauthorised use, the nature of the information systems is such that the security of information cannot be guaranteed. In particular, we rely on commercially available technologies for the security of its information systems – this applies not only to us but to the use of online information security systems in general.
We advise users to follow good security practices when using our services. Basic practices recommended:
- Install security updates for all software on your computer
- Use reputable anti-virus software and keep this software up to date
- Select strong passwords and keep your passwords safe (Secure Password Guidelines)
- Ensure the website is authentic through the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
We rely on the information that users provide and it is the users’ responsibility to ensure that information they submit is accurate. Users are prohibited from posing as someone else.
We will deactivate accounts and delete information from its database if someone can show that someone inappropriately masqueraded as them.
Internet user risks
We does not warrant that the functions contained in our site will be uninterrupted or without error. In addition, we shall not be responsible for the propagation of computer worms, viruses or other harmful components transmitted from this site and other third-party sites.
We recommend that you ensure that your browser is equipped with updated virus protection software.
The SSL protects our Logon facility by encryption while the user remains on the facility. Users should be aware that links from this facility may not use encryption technology and that information transferred from the facility to an unsecured site will be passed on an unsecured link. Your browser settings should be set to alert you if you are leaving a secure site.
Users seeking more information about SSL in general are referred to W3C the World Wide Web Consortium where a search on the word ‘SSL’, or browsing the Security FAQs will provide current information.
Website Usage Measurement
This website uses Google Analytics and Facebook tracking code to understand how you are using the internet and the myeCard.co website.
We have implemented the following Google Analytics features for Display Advertising:
- DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration
- Demographics and Interest Reporting
We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party ‘cookies’ (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie), together to retrieve statistics on how our visitors use our website, social media/eUpdate channels and other internet services provided, how long you are on those sites, how you got there (for example from a search engine link, an advertisement etc).
Google Analytics cookies standard internet log information and behavioural information about your visits to the website in an anonymous form. They do however collect other non-personal information including your IP address which is transmitted to and stored by Google on its servers in the United States. This information will help us understand and better meet our audience’s needs.
How we use information we collect
We collect information (such as age, gender and interests) in order to understand the type of information and activity you may choose to participate in when engaging with our website content, social networks, eUpdates and other services. This information helps us to provide a better service, ensure content is relevant and improve how and when we communicate with you.
We will not merge personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected via Google Analytics tracking code without your consent.